Thursday, September 26, 2013

Adjusting to "Normal"

Wow it happened, she is one month.  We have been a family of five for one month, and I have discovered how little sleep one can run on for one month.  I get asked frequently how we are adjusting? how I am doing?... I have come up with this one answer: I am not adjusting, I am flexing to life everyday.  I have found that I cannot adjust to an ever changing life, I can only flex to it, or simply give in to it.  The moment that I adjust or proclaim that we have adjusted is the minuet that life throws us a curve ball and I once again try to figure out how to adjust to it.  I am not sure that I am supposed to adjust, I spent the better part of this month trying to adjust or look like I was adjusting.  When I decided to let that idea go, I lived.

I am still stumbling through the fog of having a newborn, but I am thankful.  Thankful that I have a husband and three kids that extend grace to me everyday and through that they have taught me what grace means. 

So here's to the end of this month, here's to the beginning of another and here is to enjoying peace in the midst of living life!

~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Let me be the first to comment. I know it is hard but you and Sean are such great parents. Blaine, Conner and Natalie are very blessed. You are in His grip.

    ReplyDelete